EVERYONE IS INVITED!
For the first time ever, the National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina (NFB of SC) will hold its state convention virtually! The dates for the NFB of SC’s convention will be August 21 & 22, 2020. Here is your chance to find out what is going on with the NFB of SC on a state level. You can also hear from the NFB national representative, hear from speakers working with the blind here in SC, Meet the 2020 scholarship winners, and so much more!
How many reasons do you need to register by July 31, 2020?
- By registering for the state convention before July 31, 2020, you will be eligible for door prizes!
- If your dues are paid by July 1, 2020, and you register, you are eligible to vote in the convention election!!!
- Registration is free: no travel fees, no hotel fees, and no expensive restaurants!
- You will help the NFB of SC collect current contact information for everyone who registers!
- You can wear shorts and flip flops to all of the sessions, even the banquet!
- No need to get up early!
- All of the money you save can be donated to your favorite charity, the NFB of SC!
The 2020 NFB of SC state convention will include most of the elements our members expect, with some new variations. Division and Committee meetings will be held on Friday August 21,as well as the third quarter meeting of the NFB of SC Board of Directors.
The Convention will be called to order Saturday morning, August 22, and will adjourn at the conclusion of the banquet Saturday evening.
I am very excited regarding the prospects of holding a virtual state convention. It will take all of us working together if we are to have a successful event. I am asking chapter presidents, or someone in the chapter, to assist any member who may need help to participate via the Zoom platform in this year’s convention.
Please keep checking back with us. As more information about the upcoming virtual state convention is made available, it will be updated on this website. You can also subscribe to our NFB of SC list serve at the below link.
If you need assistance registering, please call Steve or Shannon Cook at (803) 254-0222. Leave a message and we will get back to you promptly.
To register, click the below link to reach the on line registration form.